My initial foray into software development began in secondary school, where a drive to create games in Flash exposed me to many challenges that shaped my experience as a self-taught programmer. My appetite for understanding and solving problems has since been applied to businesses centered on gambling, casual gaming, e-learning, user testing, speech recognition, and video streaming.
Kodify 2018-06-01 —
At the heart of Kodify are several high-traffic video streaming websites. As a member of the remote engineering team, I strive to improve and optimize the user experience for our customers across our stack.
- Sitewide redesign in React for all paid video streaming sites.
- New asset data schema and processing pipelines.
- Copyright infringement evidence collection system.
- Client fingerprinting and fraud prevention system.
- First party payment form.
Speechmatics 2016-08-01 — 2018-06-01
At this innovative speech recognition start-up, I spent the majority of my time advancing the SaaS product and other incarnations of their core tech.
- Refactor of async speech recognition job system into modular components.
- Automated deployment of distributable packages and containerized microservices.
- Management and implementation of a company website redesign.
- Creating a web application to demo real-time speech recognition services.
- Designing and documenting the next iteration of the cloud REST API.
- Migration of SaaS dashboard to an Angular web application.
- Web API for the appliance product offering.
WhatUsersDo 2015-06-01 — 2016-07-01
Day-to-day I was polishing and iterating on this business's foundational user testing platform.
- Migrating the user testing portal to an Angular web application.
- Gathering direct feedback from portal users to plan the next development cycle.
- Building a new checkout flow using Stripe.
- Updating and maintaining a Java-based screen recording application
Media Zoo 2015-01-01 — 2015-06-01
As part of the e-learning team, we were developing tools for clients such as Tesco and M&S that employed premium video content featuring themed fictional scenarios amongst interactive quizzes. Think CSI but with educational food safety information scattered throughout.
- Developing web applications with heavy usage of video and audio.
- Packaging and deploying SCORM compliant learning modules.
- Encoding and optimizing assets for mobile and the web.
King 2014-08-01 — 2014-12-01
Known for games such as Candy Crush Saga and Farm Heroes Saga. During my time spent here, I was part of a small and agile skeleton team that maintained and produced new content for Pepper Panic Saga.
- Episodic content integration.
- Gameplay mechanic implementation.
- A/B test implementation.
- General bug fixing.
- Dynamic tutorial implementation.
Ash Gaming 2012-07-01 — 2014-06-01
A game studio focused on producing high-quality interactive gambling and betting games. Being my first full-time professional software developer job, I learned a lot about how to work effectively within a team consisting of experienced and talented developers.
- Marketing demos.
- Online bingo slots porting.
- Bet history framework.
- OpenBet and GTS server platform porting.
- Mobile assets build pipeline scripting.
Self Employed 2006-01-01 — 2008-01-01
In the pursuit of designing several games that attracted sponsorship by various online gaming portals, I honed my skills in creating graphics and animations in Flash and programming in ActionScript. This presented ample opportunities to develop as a self-taught programmer with a knack for problem-solving.
- EvoCannon (sponsored by GamesButler in 2008)
- Blocks (sponsored by MoFunZone in 2007)
- Toast (sponsored by MaxGames in 2006)
University of East Anglia 2010-09-01 — 2014-06-01
- COMPUTING FUNDAMENTALS 1 (CMPC1F02)
- COMPUTING SYSTEMS 1 (CMPC1M01)
- COMPUTING SYSTEMS 2 (CMPC1M02)
- MATHEMATICS FOR COMPUTING B (CMPC1F03)
- PROGRAMMING 1 (CMPC1M04)
- THE COMPUTING REVOLUTION (CMPC1F05)
- ARCHITECTURES AND OPERATING SYSTEMS (CMPC2M09)
- DATA STRUCTURES AND ALGORITHMS (CMPC2M11)
- GRAPHICS 1 (CMPC2G04)
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING 1 (CMPC2M07)
- SOUND AND IMAGE 1 (CMPE2I06)
- THEORETICAL COMPUTING (CMPC2F02)
- COMPUTING PROJECT (CMPC3P2Y)
- DATABASE SYSTEMS (CMPC2B08)
- GRAPHICS 2 (CMPC3G91)
- MACHINE LEARNING (CMPC3A01)
- SOFTWARE ENGINEERING 2 (CMPC3M08)
Tendring Technology College 2008-01-01 — 2010-01-01
- Redux / Apollo
- HTML / JSX
- CSS / BEM / Styled Components
- GitLab CI/CD
- GitHub Actions